With the winter comes the cold, the nights of frost and several hydraulic troubles at home concerning the water system. If you have not thought about the maintenance of the plumbing, our team of professionals has compiled a list of 5 useful tips to protect your home before unpleasant incidents can occur.
1. Repair leaks as soon as possible : It is important to immediately repair any water leaks , especially when temperatures are falling. If the water freezes, more damage will occur to the hydraulic system.
2. Make sure the water heater works properly : During the winter, you will find it particularly pleasant to have hot water at all times. For this reason, it is important to worry about the maintenance of the water heater and the heating system .
3. Check the irrigation system : The irrigation system pipes are perfect places for stagnant water. Empty them before the water can freeze.
4. Intercept the main water shut-off valve : In the event that a leak of water or a hydraulic emergency occurs, it is important to know where the main water shut-off valve is located at home. Only then can you stop the flow of water and reduce any damage. If you can be useful, read also the study on: how to manage hydraulic emergencies .
5. Call a trusted plumber : One of the best ways to keep your home plumbing efficient, in the winter, is to call a trusted, experienced plumber who can detect any potential problems in the bud. Our eco-plumbers understand that often water problems arise at the least opportune moments, and that is why they are always ready, for every intervention, from 07:00 to 19:00, 7 days a week.
Did these tips help you? Let’s hope so! In any case, know that for the maintenance of hydraulic systems during the winter period, you can contact the assistance already today. For emergencies, however, the hydraulic emergency service is active .